Princess Diana death anniversary: How Prince Harry & William are honouring Lady Di’s legacy 25yrs after tragic crash

PRINCES William and Harry are honouring their late mother’s legacy some 25 years after her tragic death, a body language expert claims.

Yesterday marked the 25th anniversary of Princess Diana’s passing, and reports suggest Prince William and Prince Harry commemorated the day apart.

But expert Darren Stanton uncovers how Diana’s royal legacy is being continued today through the appearances of both William and Harry and their partners Kate and Meghan

The behavioural expert says William shows signs of openness, understanding and integrity – traits that became synonymous with Lady Di herself.

He explained to Betfair Casino: “William is the eldest brother and heir to the throne and it’s clear from the way he carries himself that Diana plays an important and integral part in his life every day.

“Diana’s core values are compassion, humility and the ability to show love to those less fortunate – William has definitely inherited many of Diana’s character traits.

“From his humanitarian work, it’s clear he’s not afraid to get his hands quite dirty and we often see the empathy he has for others during his Royal engagements. He interacts with the public much like his mother did – often breaking protocol to greet crowds in a more tactile manner. 

And Harry shares similar body language to his mother Diana, with Mr Stanton saying: “As Harry has grown older, he’s come very much into his own skin. He is a very tactile man and, similarly to William, he isn’t afraid to be tactile with the public, give people hugs, and show a hands-on attitude.

“Harry also wears his heart very much on his sleeve and when it comes to Diana, you can tell to this day that she is still instrumental in his well-being.”

Princess Diana died on August 31, 1997, in a tragic car crash that killed the royal, her boyfriend and their driver. The brothers were just 15 and 12 respectively at the time.

Read our Royal Family live blog for the latest news & updates…

  • Prince Charles will look after properties for Princess Charlotte & Louis

    The Prince of Wales will hold on to some of the Queen’s properties for the youngest children of Prince William and Kate.

    Mail Online’s Richard Kay claimed on the publication’s Palace Confidential podcast that the Prince will keep them as “starter homes” for his grandchildren.

    Jo Elvin stated that Prince Charles has “four homes”, including “Clarence House, Highgrove, Birkhall in Scotland and place in Wales”

  • Prince Harry & Meghan have ‘no way back’

    A royal commentator has claimed that Harry and Meghan have “burnt bridges” with Prince Charles.

    Russell Myers said Prince Charles had “offered them an olive branch on several occasions; ‘come and stay at my house, worried about security’ – and I think the bridges are already burned – there will be absolutely no way back from them.”

  • Prince William won’t let Princess Diana tragedy ‘break him’

    The Duke of Cambridge is thought to be spending a low key day remembering his late mother on the 25 anniversary of her passing.

    He told the ITV’s documentary Diana, Our Mother: “It’ll either make or break you. And I wouldn’t let it break me, I wanted it to make me. I wanted her to be proud of the person I’d become.

    “I didn’t want her worried or her legacy to be, you know, that William and/or Harry were completely and utterly devastated by it.”

  • Frogmore Cottage remained ‘untouched’ since Meghan and Harry left

    After leaving the Windsor residence to move to Canada in 2020, much of the Sussex’s belongings were left behind.

    Speaking to The Cut magazine, Meghan Markle told Alisson P Davis that a lot of their belongings had been left behind.

    Alisson said: “While there, Meghan had quietly seen to more personal matters, slipping back into their former residence, Frogmore Cottage, to pack up their belongings.

    “The cottage is still theirs and has remained mostly untouched since they left.”

    The Sussexes will use the Cottage when they make their visit to the UK as they host their One Young World summit on 5 September.

  • Stick with The Sun for the latest live Royal updates

    Check for new updates on the royal family and her Majesty the Queen here at The Sun.

    Royal fans are currently awaiting the release of Prince Harry’s tell-all memoir, and the couple’s Netflix documentary.

    Stay tuned here for updates everyday!

  • Prince Andrew’s return to Royal family duties is highly unlikely

    The disgraced Prince was fired by the Queen after his shocking Newsnight interview in 2019.

    He discussed his friendship with the now deceased convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.

    Despite his daughter’s best efforts to have him brought back with a new role, reportedly Prince Charles thwarted their pleas.

  • Things could ‘turn nasty’ for Meghan, says author

    Quoting the Telegraph, author Richard Eden believes Meghan’s latest revelations could cause further problems for her and the Royal family.

    In the Telegraph excerpt, written by Hannah Furness, it says Meghan admitted she didn’t sign an NDA about royal life, but her staff did, preventing them on speaking out about certain bullying allegations.

    Richard Eden, who is the editor for the Daily Mail’s Palace Confidential Royal Show, Tweeted: “Looks like things could turn nasty for #Meghan. From Wednesday’s @Telegraph#royal.

  • The Queen will appoint UK’s new PM from Balmoral

    It was originally planned that the Queen would cut her holiday in Scotland short to introduce the new Prime Minister.

    This will be the first time the Queen will break tradition, as she will appoint the new PM remotely.

    Either Liz Truss or Rishi Sunak will be announced as the new PM on 5 September.

    There have been reports that there are concerns surrounding the Queen’s mobility.

  • ‘Women who marry’ into the Royal family ‘treated like throwaways’

    Laura Hampson from the Independent marks Princess Diana’s death by questioning the treatment of women marrying into the family.

    The journalist wrote: “By her own admission, Diana spent her time as a royal feeling like an outsider – despite being a friend of the family who’d been orbiting the royals since birth.”

    She draw comparisons to Sarah Ferguson, who married Prince Andrew, who was left to “fare” the “public scrutiny” on her own after their 1992 separation.

    “More recently we have seen the pattern repeat itself once more with the Duchess of Sussex,” Laura wrote.

    Laura added: “Unless you are born royal, it seems that The Firm is unwilling to truly help or prepare any outsider that marries into it.

    “Speaking to Bashir, Diana said she was told that public interest in her would wane once the wedding was over. But it didn’t.”

    Diana was famously quoted saying: “I seemed to be on the front of a newspaper every single day, which is an isolating experience, and the higher the media put you, place you, is the bigger the drop.

    “I was very daunted because as far as I was concerned I was a fat, chubby, 20-year-old, and I couldn’t understand the level of interest…

    “No one sat me down with a piece of paper and said: ‘This is what is expected of you’.”

  • Meghan’s political career off to a bad start as Nancy Pelosi’s team ‘laughs’ at White House ambitions

    The Duchess of Sussex has always been vocal about the issues she holds dear to her heart, leading many to believe that she would one day enter the world of American politics.

    According to the Telegraph, Meghan has gone as far as to write letters to senior US politicians.

    However, the publication claims these letters did not go down well in the United States’ highest office.

    A source told the Telegraph: “We rang Nancy Pelosi’s office to see if they wanted to respond [to the letters] and they just laughed.”

    Not the best start to Meghan’s political career.

    The source added: “She’s not being taken seriously by Washington at all. She’s not Michelle Obama – she doesn’t have that pedigree so where does she fit in?”

  • Meghan Markle’s half sister hits out at sibling’s ‘odd and breathy’ podcast

    Samantha Markle, who is currently suing her younger sister, gave her two cents on Meghan’s brand new podcast, Archetypes.

    The two sisters have had a very rocky relationship over the years, resulting in a very nasty law suit.

    Elder sister Samantha claimed that when Meghan told Oprah she “felt like an only child” that she was damaging Samantha’s reputation.

    Speaking with Dan Wootton’s GB News, Samantha said Meghan’s voice was “‘odd and breathy,” and rolled her eyes.

  • Mandela’s grandson tells Meg what she needs to do if she wants to compare herself to hero

    Nelson Mandela’s grandson has issued advice to Meghan Markle, telling her what she needs to do if she wants to compare herself to the likes of an apartheid hero.

    Zwelivelile ‘Mandla’ Mandela says the Duchess of Sussex needs to “get out there” and help others after she was criticised for comparing herself to the freedom fighter.

    In a recent interview discussing her life with Harry and their kids beyond the Royal Family, she claimed to have been told the South African people celebrated her nuptials as they did Mandela’s freedom.

    She revealed: “He said, ‘I just need you to know: When you married into this family, we rejoiced in the streets the same we did when Mandela was freed from prison.’ ”

    But now Mandla said the two lack similarities as the work of one man to change a systematic inequality could not be compared to Meghan’s activism efforts to date.

    He told The Times: “We would say to people that our struggle cannot be likened to people dancing in the streets and chanting for Madiba’s name.

    “It has to speak to the scars and painful past we come from.”

  • Where is the Althorp Estate?

    The Althorp Estate can be found in the district of Daventry, in Northamptonshire.

    Its name comes from the parish of Althorp, which makes up the 13,000 acre estate, six miles by road from the town of Northampton.

    Princess Diana‘s family, the Spencers, has owned the Althorp Estate for over 500 years, with Diana calling the estate home before her marriage to Prince Charles.

    The estate includes a Grade I listed stately home, along with 50 square kilometres of woodland, cottages and farms in the surrounding area.

    Princess Diana’s grave is located on an island in the middle of an ornamental lake on the estate, which was chosen to defend the late princess’ remains from ghouls.

    A memorial for visitors can be found across from the lake, where well-wishers can leave flowers as a tribute to the much-loved princess.

  • Where did Princess Diana grow up?

    Althorp House has been the Spencer family home since 1508 and it’s where Diana and her siblings, Sarah, Jane and Charles.

    It is still the home of her brother, Charles, Ninth Earl Spencer, as he has been running the estate for the last 29 years.

    The luxurious house includes several bedrooms and living spaces as well as a grand picture hall and a Billiards room.

    The estates website says that the property showcases: “one of Europe’s finest private collections of furniture, paintings and ceramics, each intriguing room of this magnificent family home has a fascinating story of its own.”

  • Prince William won’t let Princess Diana tragedy ‘break him’

    The Duke of Cambridge is thought to be spending a low key day remembering his late mother on the 25 anniversary of her passing.

    He told the ITV’s documentary Diana, Our Mother: “It’ll either make or break you. And I wouldn’t let it break me, I wanted it to make me. I wanted her to be proud of the person I’d become.

    “I didn’t want her worried or her legacy to be, you know, that William and/or Harry were completely and utterly devastated by it.”

  • Prince William told to ‘board a plane’ straight to California

    This comes after Meghan Markle made bombshell comments aimed at the Royal family.

    A Royal commentator has urged Prince Charles and Harry to head over to the US to face Prince Harry and Meghan.

    Dan Wootton said Meghan’s latest comments are the “last straw” and they must “intervene now”.

    In the comment piece he wrote for the Mail Online, the GB News host claimed Meghan and Prince Harry “seem to wish to damage”.

    This comes after Meghan made shock comments to US publication The Cut, mentioning Prince Harry had “lost” his father.

  • Duchess of Cambridge praised for ‘tremendous grace and selflessness’

    A royal commentator spoke out about how Kate had remained very composed after Meghan’s bombshell interview and podcasts.

    Kate is the “antithesis” of Meghan Markle, Nile Gardiner Tweeted on “the tremendous grace and selflessness of the Duchess of Cambridge.”

    One replied: “We really are lucky to have her.”

    Another said: “We are indeed blessed with this loyal dedicated woman with huge dignity and respect.”

  • Prince Harry & Meghan have ‘no way back’

    A royal commentator has claimed that Harry and Meghan have “burnt bridges” with Prince Charles.

    Russell Myers said Prince Charles had “offered them an olive branch on several occasions; ‘come and stay at my house, worried about security’ – and I think the bridges are already burned – there will be absolutely no way back from them.”

  • Prince Charles will look after properties for Princess Charlotte & Louis

    The Prince of Wales will hold on to some of the Queen’s properties for the youngest children of Prince William and Kate.

    Mail Online’s Richard Kay claimed on the publication’s Palace Confidential podcast that the Prince will keep them as “starter homes” for his grandchildren.

    Jo Elvin stated that Prince Charles has “four homes”, including “Clarence House, Highgrove, Birkhall in Scotland and place in Wales”

  • Prince William & Kate didn’t ‘read the room’ with new home

    The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were accused of not being sensitive amid the cost of living crisis.

    A royal commentator called their new home a “PR move” as a Daily Mail editor Richard Kay slams their decision.

    He told the Palace Confidential: “It just looks slightly extravagant, slightly over-the-top.

    “What’s slightly surprising, in my view, about it is that William and Kate have been very good at, recognising public reading, reading the rooms, and on this occasion, I felt they didn’t.”

  • Frogmore Cottage remained ‘untouched’ since Meghan and Harry left

    After leaving the Windsor residence to move to Canada in 2020, much of the Sussex’s belongings were left behind.

    Speaking to The Cut magazine, Meghan Markle told Alisson P Davis that a lot of their belongings had been left behind.

    Alisson said: “While there, Meghan had quietly seen to more personal matters, slipping back into their former residence, Frogmore Cottage, to pack up their belongings.

    “The cottage is still theirs and has remained mostly untouched since they left.”

    The Sussexes will use the Cottage when they make their visit to the UK as they host their One Young World summit on 5 September.

  • Stick with The Sun for the latest live Royal updates

    Check for new updates on the royal family and her Majesty the Queen here at The Sun.

    Royal fans are currently awaiting the release of Prince Harry’s tell-all memoir, and the couple’s Netflix documentary.

    Stay tuned here for updates everyday!

  • The Queen will appoint UK’s new PM from Balmoral

    It was originally planned that the Queen would cut her holiday in Scotland short to introduce the new Prime Minister.

    This will be the first time the Queen will break tradition, as she will appoint the new PM remotely.

    Either Liz Truss or Rishi Sunak will be announced as the new PM on 5 September.

    There have been reports that there are concerns surrounding the Queen’s mobility.

  • ‘Women who marry’ into the Royal family ‘treated like throwaways’

    Laura Hampson from the Independent marks Princess Diana’s death by questioning the treatment of women marrying into the family.

    The journalist wrote: “By her own admission, Diana spent her time as a royal feeling like an outsider – despite being a friend of the family who’d been orbiting the royals since birth.”

    She draw comparisons to Sarah Ferguson, who married Prince Andrew, who was left to “fare” the “public scrutiny” on her own after their 1992 separation.

    “More recently we have seen the pattern repeat itself once more with the Duchess of Sussex,” Laura wrote.

    Laura added: “Unless you are born royal, it seems that The Firm is unwilling to truly help or prepare any outsider that marries into it.

    “Speaking to Bashir, Diana said she was told that public interest in her would wane once the wedding was over. But it didn’t.”

    Diana was famously quoted saying: “I seemed to be on the front of a newspaper every single day, which is an isolating experience, and the higher the media put you, place you, is the bigger the drop.

    “I was very daunted because as far as I was concerned I was a fat, chubby, 20-year-old, and I couldn’t understand the level of interest…

    “No one sat me down with a piece of paper and said: ‘This is what is expected of you’.”

  • Things could ‘turn nasty’ for Meghan, says author

    Quoting the Telegraph, author Richard Eden believes Meghan’s latest revelations could cause further problems for her and the Royal family.

    In the Telegraph excerpt, written by Hannah Furness, it says Meghan admitted she didn’t sign an NDA about royal life, but her staff did, preventing them on speaking out about certain bullying allegations.

    Richard Eden, who is the editor for the Daily Mail’s Palace Confidential Royal Show, Tweeted: “Looks like things could turn nasty for #Meghan. From Wednesday’s @Telegraph#royal.”

 120 total views,  1 views today