Woman yelled ‘help me, help me’ before killer chopped up her body and dumped it in suitcase

A WOMAN yelled “help me, help me” before her killer chopped up her body and dumped it in woods, a court heard today.

Pheonix Netts was stabbed four times by her housemate Gareeca Conita Gordon, 28, who then hid six parts of her body in two suitcases.


Pheonix Netts’ body was found dismembered in two suitcases in May last year[/caption]


Gareeca Conita Gordon, 28, admitting killing hers and hiding her dismembered body in two cases[/caption]

Gordon stabbed Pheonix months after she had turned down her sexual advances, the court heard.

She had made plans to dispose of her housemate’s body while she was still alive, before killing her on April 16 last year.

The court heard another woman living in the shared accommodation with the pair heard noises of drilling and banging, as well as shouts of “help me, help me”, on the same day.

After the murder, Gordon bought a circular saw on Gumtree for £45 and it was delivered to the property shortly before 11am on April 17.

Andrew Smith QC said Pheonix sent a text message to a friend saying: “There’s a girl here who keeps asking me to be sexual.

“I think I’m going to move back to London. It’s scaring me lol.”

Mr Smith told Bristol Crown Court that Gordon made a call to the Samaritans on April 9, in which she appeared “tipsy”.

He said: “The clear focus of the call was Ms Gordon describing that she liked another woman and wanting to have sex with her.”

The last known contact Pheonix had was a phone call with a pal in the early hours of April 16 – he attempted to ring her back that afternoon but didn’t get through.


Her phone was used to make internet searches including “how to fix punctured lung”, “internal bleeding” and “can someone recover from getting stabbed” between 1.04pm and 3.07pm that day, the court heard.

Gordon was living at the same seven-bed women’s refuge in Birmingham as tragic Phoenix at the time of her death.

After she murdered Phoenix, who was last seen in April last year, Gordon attempted to cover her tracks.

The horrifying find was made in the Forest of Dean almost a month later.

Gordon contacted Phoenix’s friends and family using texts, emails and sometimes voice calls to pretend she was still alive.

She also indicated to loved ones Phoenix was leaving the refuge and moving to London.

Gordon was arrested after a member of the public reported suspicions to police about a vehicle driving near Coleford on the evening of May 12.

Two police officers attended and saw Gordon standing close to Stowfield Quarry with two large suitcases, which contained the remains of Miss Netts.

A partially burned torso was found in one of the cases, and “handwritten plans” to move the body to Wales to “burn it further” were then discovered in Gordon’s room.

Officers found the grisly murder scene in the Birmingham accommodation, which was said to have resembled an abattoir.


Gordon was later charged with murder and was due to stand trial but pleaded guilty to the charge during a hearing at Bristol Crown Court on April 21.

Mahesh Sorathiya, 39,was charged with assisting an offender but case was dropped against him by the Crown Prosecution Service.

Her heartbroken family previously issued an emotional statement paying tribute.

It said: “As a family we are devastated with what has happened to Phoenix.

“We ask most humbly that our family’s privacy is respected whilst we grieve and come to terms with the loss of Phoenix in such tragic circumstances.

“Whilst we understand this is a news story, we hope everyone can understand why we need to be left alone at this very difficult time.

“We have family and good friends supporting us and our thanks go out to all of them.

“We would also like to thank all the police officers involved in the investigation for their hard work and sensitivity.”

Speaking after Gordon pleaded guilty to murder, Lesley Milner of the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said: “Gareeca Gordon committed a truly gruesome crime and tried to cover her tracks.

“Thankfully, the remarkable and detailed police investigation in identifying Phoenix Netts led to the CPS building a compelling case against Gordon, which resulted in her pleading guilty.

“She has now accepted the totality and consequences of her actions.”


Phoenix’s family paid tribute to her after the killer admitted guilt[/caption]


Police discovered her remains near a quarry in the Forest of Dean[/caption]


Her body had been cut in half and stuffed in two suitcases[/caption]

Source: The Sun

 6 total views,  1 views today

Leave a Reply

If providing this article has been helpful for you, please consider a donation.